Friday 22 April 2011

Exhausted!


Just when you think you're getting there you find a million other things to do!

Today I went up to the allotment and thought I'd start digging the beds for the Veg! I had no idea how tough it would be, with the help of my Dad (for about 20 minutes) we managed to dig up the grass for one bed, he then left us to it and we dug and turned soil for a couple of hours. There is absolutely no way Rach and I could have done it on our own. I really wanted to get a few beds ready but it was so hard we only managed the one...


It's about 6ft x 6ft (even though it looks small!), we're looking at getting some Mushroom compost to put on top to make the beds nice and deep. After all the digging we came back to the house and have started painting planks of wood for the borders...


I've also planted 12 pots of Tomatoes (5 different varieties), 24 courgettes and another 2 bags of potatoes, it's been a busy old day! Dad's even put in some extra beams in the greenhouse to balance some more seed trays on. I think the only thing I have left to plant now it Carrots, oh and dig another 5 beds at the allotment.



There's some more activity in the greenhouse with another variety of cabbage starting to poke through as well!



If you look closely you can see the beginning of the cabbages, they're red!




No comments:

Post a Comment